BigHand has outstanding career opportunities available for IT professionals from graduate level upwards. The continuing growth of the company and our planned international expansion means we are always interested in hearing from talented, enthusiastic individuals.
US Sales Director
The Sales Director is a senior sales, account management and management role within BigHand’s North American Business Unit. The key responsibilities include acquiring new business and increasing the revenue stream within existing accounts. The role will have an assigned list of accounts or geographic territory with the expectation that personal sales results of the Director will exceed quota, setting an example of performance for the Sales Team. This role includes management responsibilities for regional sales managers.. The role has sales targets associated with the direct accounts managed and prospective customers and will be supported by the marketing team in prospecting for new business and existing client business, pre-sale technical support and sales administration. The role also has sales targets associated with the sales team’s performance.
An excellent track record in sales and account management is essential to this role and successful experience in the legal & professional sector would be invaluable. Excellent presentation skills, the ability to build long term business relationships and assist members of the sales and marketing team with their roles is also key in maintaining the highest standards of professionalism and company policy.
BigHand’s vision is to be recognized as the most successful provider of voice productivity solutions in all our chosen markets, delivering high quality software, hardware and services that enable busy, mobile professionals to become more efficient and effective. As a market leader in digital dictation in the legal sector, the North American division of BigHand is responsible for securing all new business in this sector. The team plays a key role in the success of the business and is central to its strategy for growth.
This role is based on our NA corporate office in Chicago or can be remote. Extensive travel and covering a large geographic area in the US is a requirement for the role. Regular overnight stays might be necessary dependent on location.
• To be an ambassador for the company in line with the company’s vision.
• To assist the Managing Director with strategy, sales meetings and reports for the board
• To provide leadership to other members of the sales and marketing team.
• Prospecting for and selling to new customers.
• Manage relationships, sales opportunities and customer satisfaction at key accounts.
• To maintain a team sales pipeline capable of delivering targeted results year on year.
• To identify and qualify potential customers.
• To represent BigHand at various conferences, speaking engagements, etc.
• To present a professional, confident and well-presented image for the company both in dress and personal interaction.
• To provide potential customers with exceptional pre sales service.
• To meet key personal and team KPIs.
• To quickly build a rapport and best relationship with potential customers.
• To present to large groups of people.
• To coordinate resources with the company to ensure the highest level of service is provided for customers and new business prospects.
• To provide regular and accurate sales forecast information for the divisional MD.
• To maintain consistent use of Salesforce to monitor and drive team performance.
• To close sales in best possible lead-time at best margin.
• Grow the existing client revenue.
• To ensure quality sales are secured that can be delivered at best profit.
• To maintain accurate up to date records of all customer details, dialog and sales opportunities.
• To provide detailed solution information to BigHand client services team on any sales secured.
• To work with colleagues to ensure high quality of service is delivered.
• To keep accurate and up to date accounts of time expenditure, travel details and expenses and submit such records in an appropriate and timely manner.
• To assist with recruitment within the division and personnel issues that may arise.
• To work with company rules and guidelines.
• Responsible for championing information security at a team level.
• Responsible for ensuring that the staff they manage are aware of, and comply with, all company policies.
• Be prepared to travel extensively throughout the territory
• Knowledge of computers and common computer software ie. Microsoft Windows & Microsoft Office
• Must hold current driving license and motor insurance that covers business travel
• Neat and professional personal appearance
• Self-confident, self-motivated, driven and capable of working on own initiative within or away from the team
• Well-honed commercial skills with at least 10 years demonstrable background in securing new business in a competitive market, preferably US professional services
• An ambassador for the company at all times
• A motivated, confident and persistent prospecting and account management approach particularly with regards to prospecting for new sales and existing accounts but at all times professional
• Strong presentation skills and comfortable with speaking to customers at all levels
• Exceptional customer facing skills with a focus on fast relationship building, listening, and questioning skills
• Ability to absorb, retain and recall information quickly
• Proven commercial and negotiation skills
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills are essential
• Extremely well organized with a thorough approach
• Strong documentation, record keeping and forecasting skills
• Keen attention to detail
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities as well as ability to create and present technical solutions to customers
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Passion, enthusiasm and a thick skin
• Ability to travel by air, car, bus or train
• Visiting customers and prospects offices
• Use of a mobile telephone and computer
• Hours are as required to do the job
• Reporting to the President, North America of BigHand Inc.
Please no recruiters.
Please contact: email@example.com